A friend of mine belongs to some sort of blogging group/club that lists 13 things on some topic every Thursday. You actually sign up for the group, club, clique—whatever, and from what I can gather you agree to visit the blogs of other “Thirteeners” on a regular basis. I think you also have a set topic list or something.
Even though it’s an interesting idea, it sounds more like something that could easily distract me and help me waste time at the computer (like I need any more help doing that!). But I kinda like the idea, so I’m going to steal it and do a Thursday Thirteen on whatever I feel like, whichever Thursday I feel like.
I suppose I could take the idea and tweak it so it wouldn’t “technically” be stealing. Maybe a Tuesday Two? (Bo-ring. Are two things even a list?) A Monday Million? (Yeah, right! But can you think of another number that starts with M? Hmmmm?) Let’s see, a Saturday Seven? (Maybe. But who has time to do that on Saturdays?)
Nah! Thursday Thirteen rip-off it is. So… drum roll, please… here is my Thursday Thirteen #1.
Thirteen Reasons This Never-ending, Drizzly, Dismal, Horrific, Drive-You-Crazy Rain/Snow is Good
(Really, it is good. I know there has to be at least 13 reasons. I’m a sun worshipper and I’m trying to do the whole positive attitude thing.)
You know, that title doesn't look that positive. Let’s try this again. Drum roll….
Thirteen Reasons This Interminable Rain/Snow is Good (I can do this)
- It’s good for my lawn. (And really, my neighbors are jumping up and down for anything to improve my crappy lawn – Ooooh. I feel another Thursday 13 idea coming on.)
- I can turn off my sprinklers. (Which means I don’t have to pay so much to water my crappy lawn.)
- It is good for my newly planted vegetable garden. (YES! I got it all planted this week and my cute little tomato, pepper, cucumber, cantaloupe, squash, zucchini, onion, and green bean plants are so happy for some rain. I just love those cute little guys… Ahem. Sorry. I digress.)
- My purple perennial flowers that I can’t remember the name of and obviously aren’t meant for hot desert summers just love the cool weather.
- It helps keep the streets clean.
- It’s easier to pull weeds after it rains. (And did anyone notice my parking strip weed party is almost all gone? Go me!)
- It’s good for the new strawberry plants I put in too. Mmmmmm. Strawberries…
- I get to wear my super soft fuzzy red sweater that I just love one more time.
- The kids can’t play outside and flop all over the house complaining how “There’s nothing to do.” Oh, wait. That’s not positive. Let’s try that again. I don’t have to worry about my kids getting sunburnt. Whew! Better.
- Because it’s cool and I’m wearing jeans I don’t have to shave my legs. (I know. I’m really stretching now. What number am I on?)
- I don’t have to worry about touching up the polish on my toenails.
- The cars make really cool swishing sounds as they go down the street.
- Ummmm…Let’s see…The rain is good because…Just give me a moment… I know! It is good because the clouds crouch low over the mountains and give a slightly Irish feel everywhere I look which is cool. And it smells awesome.
Yea! I did it! I'm feeling a 13 Reasons My Lawn is So Crappy coming on...