Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Stop the Presses!

It's swimsuit time!

Yeah, I know, I know. School is a week and a half away and summer break will officially be over, but now is the perfect time to shop for a swimming suit...for next year. For some reason, many stores clearance out their summer stuff right about now, because we all want to wear long sleeves in the 95 degree weather, right? And for penny nazis like me, you can get some really good deals. So that's a good excuse.

Or maybe just you're scared that the next time you get in the pool your current suit will give up the ghost and will either fall apart, making you run for the locker room wrapped in a towel, or the elastic will die and you will look like you're wearing a suit 10 times too big. Whatever the reason, here are some good places to look. (Gentlemen, I'm sorry, but these are all for the ladies...)

#1 - For the locals. Diviine Modestee
Diviine Modestee has suits that actually fit! I kid you not. Only those of you who return from swimsuit shopping in tears (hmmm. A yearly occurence for me) can understand how much you would actually pay for that. And for those who, like me, are also cleavage-impaired, a suit that helps in that area is highly desirable.

I bought a suit from this spring and love it! It hasn't gone fuzzy, fallen apart, or lost its color. And... drum roll... they are having a clearance sale!!

The scoop: Warehouse Blowout Sale, Aug. 7-9, 14-16, 21-23. Things 40-80% off
Where: 663 W. State Rd. Pleasant Grove (just behind Timp Cycles)

You can check out their Divinita Sole swimsuit collection online here, along with fitting tips for your body style. I know someone that bought 3 suits at this sale last year for the price of one. They have lots of layering shirts & stuff, too. Don't miss it! I'll be there bright and early tomorrow.

#2 Athleta
Whenever I see a certain sister-in-law with a particularly cute suit, she often says it's from Athleta. So I went to check it out and there are so many way cute ones, that range from xtra small to plus sizes. And... they are having a sale too! (Imagine that!)

Go to Athleta.com and click on the "Sale Outlet" then "Swimwear". I just got mine in the mail today. Oooo, I'm so excited!

#3 Carabella
From what I can tell, all of their suits are on sale right now. And, shockingly, they have some really attractive one-pieces, too. (Which is always good after 1, 2, or 3 kids, right?) Click here for their swimming collection. Then peek on over to the clearance section (top right of the menu) for some suits even under $20.

#4 Nordstrom
"What?" scream you other penny pinchers. Take a deep breath. Yes, even Nordstrom is having a sale on their swimwear. Check it out here. I'm kinda liking the animal print one-piece, myself. Or the DKNY stripe halter.

#5 Target
Always a good one. Here's their normal swim shop. And don't forget the clearance swimwear.

I'm sure some of you know of other places, but I wanted to make sure to tell you about the Warehouse Clearance sale in time. Happy swimsuit shopping!

P.S. I have no idea why the font color went funky. Sorry.



1 comment:

Nolan & Donna said...

I bought mine from Modbe. What's nice is that the Modbe rep comes to your home, and you can try on all sorts of shapes & sizes, she helps you make sure they're fitting right and also helps pick the most flattering top based on your body shape. :)

ajmodbe.com