Friday, September 5, 2008

10 Reasons Sarah Palin Rocks

Wednesday night I snuck out of something so that I could go do one of the most boring things adults do. One of those things I gagged over as a kid and swore I'd never do. I watched the Republican National Convention to watch a speech. *Gasp* I know, don't ostracize me. Now that I'm officially a boring adult, I can admit that I do pay attention to politics. Whew! I'm so glad I got that off my chest.

I wanted to see John McCain's selected running mate, Gov. Sarah Palin, give her speech. The only other woman on the presidential political scene right now is Hillary Clinton, and I really don't like her, so I wanted to check out this new lady myself. I have to say that after her speech, I think I like her. I might even like her quite a bit, which is really good because McCain is as exciting as unflavored oatmeal. Not that excitement is necessary in a good president...

Anyway, here are 10 reasons Sarah Palin rocks:

1. Just look at the woman! I hope I look that good over 40.

2. She's a hockey mom and proud of it. All hockey moms, soccer moms, karate moms, dance moms, scout moms, football moms, basketball moms, baseball moms, volleyball moms, etc. everywhere should know how challenging it is to be that.

3. Her nickname is Sarah Barracuda (Ahhh, you say. That's why they played the song "Barracuda" by Heart after her speech!)

4. She has a sense of humor. She is likable and sincere.

5. She is still married after 20 years and on national television told her husband that he is still her "man."

6. She has five children, Bristol, Piper, Track, Willow, and Trig. Trig has been diagnosed with Down syndrome. And she considers it a joyous blessing to be gifted with a child with special needs.

7. She wears a skirt (and looks great in it!). No feminist pantsuits for her.

8. She doesn't take well to corruption. Apparently she cleaned house in Alaska.

9. She really did put the governor's luxury jet on eBay.

10. And boy can she give a speech!

If you missed the speech, you can watch it on Youtube here. Just fast forward the first 3 minutes which is just the audience going crazy.

And here's a fun article in US News & World Report, "10 Things You Didn't Know about Sarah Palin"

Hmmm. She may have just added some flavor to McCain's oatmeal. We'll see...

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Unflavored oatmeal? I like the analogy, mostly because oatmeal is one of my favorite foods. Not plain oatmeal, of course, who can choke that down? I don't know of anyone. I know it's really, really, good for me but I don't eat it just because it's good for me. But...give me vanilla yogurt, almonds or pecans, and some cinmmon and you've got my favorite meal. Go Palin!