Friday, November 7, 2008

We've achieved bike helmets

Status: Happy for a weekend with no plans
Song: "Clocks" by Coldplay

I finally did it! I bought us all good bike helmets! See? (Click here if you don't remember why this is such a momentous occasion.)

Part of the reason it took so long is that I heard about a law office about 30 minutes away that sells them for dirt cheap (a publicity thing--I think--since they are accident attorneys). So it just took me a couple weeks to actually get enough free time for the trip. But I dug through the available helmets and got the best bang for my penny-pinching buck. And my boys don't have to wear pink helmets, either.

In other, completely frivolous news, I got my hair cut. Big deal, you might think. But for me it is a big deal, considering it's been about a year since my last hair cut. I took some "before" and "after" pictures, but they did not turn out well. I must not have the taking-decent-pictures-of-yourself gene because 98% of all the ones I take of myself **note: this section has been revised at the suggestion of my husband, and considering my rant on beauty recently, I agree** are not very flattering.

The whole point to the story? You can see the haircut next time you see me. I was also thinking of posting a crazy hair Flashback Friday but I had a hard time finding old pictures of crazy hair. I guess I didn't go too wild in the hair department. I didn't even do the huge 80's bang thing too much. And Jason was no help at all, either. Oh well. Any of you, feel free to steal my idea and post crazy hair pics.

Have a fantabulous weekend, and check out my other blog for a fun, frivolous, and anti-heavy book recommendation.

2 comments:

Lori-ann said...

Hmm... there seems to be one too many helmets for a family of five. And one that has trains on it. I wonder what's going on... ;) Good job getting helmets.

And I didn't know you cut your hair! I wanna see!!!

PurpleyAmy said...

So I guess you don't have any photos of your hair all crimped up and big ala late-1980's... I might have one somewhere, but alas, I don't have a working scanner at the moment. ;)