Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Coming up for air and unfortunately, NOT a hot shower

Status: On the last chapter. Yes, really!!!!!!!!!
Song: "Run the Show" by Kat DeLuna

Hey, all. I'm alive. Really I am.

Unfortunately I am in a state of non-shower because our stupid hot water heater decided it was entitled to shorter working hours. Obviously it's just exploitative to expect the pilot light to stay lit and actually heat up the water--all the time! So three times in the last 4 days I've done the winter, oh my word it's freezing, quick take off the clothes and leap into the shower, only to leap back out with a SCREAM. No hot water. Nada. We're talking snow run-off not hot.

Apparently the hot water heater has a 5 year warranty, which just expired 15 freaking days ago!!

I wish I were kidding.

The hot water pilot light and I are getting really closely acquainted. Mr. Pilot Light, meet Tyrant Coldilocks, who thinks a hot tub at 104 degrees is tepid. Be afraid, be very afraid...

No comments: