Thursday, December 18, 2008

Polar Express and no hot water (again)

Status: Waiting for the plumber to navigate the snowy roads to COME BACK and fix my hot water heater -- again. Grrrrr
Song: "O Holy Night" by almost anyone

No hot water again. I don't know about you, but for $200 that I paid a week ago. I *should* expect hot water. Needless to say, I did not go run my 5 miles today like I planned (inside, since it's snowing like a giant with a bad case of dandruff) and instead I'm hanging out at home crossing my fingers the plumber doesn't get in a car accident on his way over, cause I really want a hot shower!


***The Real Reason for this Post***

THE POLAR EXPRESS

Last Saturday we went with Jason's family to the Stringtown Polar Express in Lindon. If you've never heard of it, then get onboard! (Ha ha, a little train humor.) A group of six homes in a family in Lindon have dedicated their large yards, love of trains (a real one you can actually ride), and the Christmas Spirit for years now to run a Polar Express experience. We've been the last 3 years and I have to say this year they outdid themselves. *Good job, Cheri!!! I know she pops by my blog every so often :)

The train fits 14 people at a time and they have it down to a system, where they take reservations and move people on and off seamlessly. The first half of the ride showcases about a billion Christmas lights as you ride to the North Pole where you get to see Santa Claus (and boy does it beat waiting in line somewhere, let me tell you!). The ride back to the station is my favorite part, with beautiful music playing and you ride past a nativity scene, then beautiful pictures of Jesus Christ's life by artist Simon Dewey. (And Cheri, if you're reading, who sings the Mary Did You Know song? I want it!) We love this Christmas tradition.

I'll post some pics, then give you all the contact information so you can go experience it yourself (if there are any spots left).

Waiting in the heated barn watching the movie The Polar Express on a big screen.





All Aboard!




Some of the great lights. I know they're fuzzy,
but I was on a moving train in the dark, after all. :-)

Santa's receiving room.


All the kids with Santa.



You can visit their website, Stringtown USA for more information, to place reservations, and to view a beautiful slideshow of some of the art displayed on the train ride.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Looks fun. So much better than my polar express last night. Scary.

plautnes