Friday, January 9, 2009

Meet the newest member of the household

Status: Stoked
Song: "Some Like it Hot" by Power Station

I know you've all been on pins and needles to know the outcome of the latest Theler drama. Have the cold showers addled the Theler's brains? Will they finally have hot water? Is it sanitary to wash dishes in cold water? Stay tuned for these and more answers.

So, my buddy Cesar, knowing how frustrating it's been for us to fight with the hot water heater (or maybe knowing how frustrating it's been for him to keep coming back to try and fix the problem) that actually wouldn't heat the water, despite the fact that the general consensus is that hot water heaters should last 8-10 years, and our little 5 year old should be still in its prime... Um... wait a minute. What was I saying? I kinda got lost in all the clauses of that last sentence.

Well, anyway, Cesar, who is now topping the list of my favorite people for the day, called the company that makes the heaters and gave them what for. Whatever magic Cesar worked, he got them to admit that the heater in our house actually had a design flaw, which made it not work so good--or at all. With a little more arm twisting he got them to give us a new hot water heater for... are you ready for this... FREE.

That's my boy!

And with only a little arm twisting on my part I talked the plumbing company into charging us significantly less labor to put it in than they originally quoted me when they called to tell me the news. And so we reach the end of the Theler hot water saga. Meet the newest member of our household.

TA-DAAAA
Isn't he cuuute?!
We haven't picked a name yet, but I'm kinda leaning toward Cesar.

4 comments:

Tavia said...

Congrats! We actually had ours replaced "for FREE" only 8 days before the warranty was up (6 years) this last fall. Glad to hear you were fortunate enough not to pay much.

Lori-ann said...

*sniff, sniff* I'm an aunt all over again! And without warning this time too! Most of the time the extended family has at least 7 months to get used to the idea of a new family member, jeez. The nerve of pulling that on us.

Talk to the hand.

Lori-ann said...

Ah, but He/She/It is ... uh ... cute?

Congratulations...???

Jaime Theler said...

LOL LOL LOL! I luv you sis!