Sunday, February 1, 2009

February - the month of LOVE

Status: Happy for the day off.
What I'm listening to: Silence (Aaaaahhhh)

Happy February!!!!



Because this is the month of *LOVE* I thought I'd spend the month blogging about things we love ("we" being my family collectively, or just me--since I write the blog, after all). I once read that one reason people like blogs is the slightly voyeuristic thrill they get from the glimpses into someone else's minds and lives. I thought I'd roll with that and invite you all to be peeping blog readers.

My good intentions are to have something up every day, but that may be a little ambitious. So I'll just post when I can (and feel like it). I'll also have those entertainment-packed posts of the life and times of the Theler family, don't worry :)

Things we love #1

In our house we love homemade breakfasts. Breakfast is my favorite meal, and so more often than not, we cook something. Gotta start the day off right and all that. One of our favorite meals is oven pancake. Here's the recipe if you want to give it a shot.

Oven Pancake

4 eggs
dash of nutmeg
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
dash of salt
6 Tbsp. butter

Melt butter in large skillet. While butter is melting mix eggs, nutmeg, flour, milk, and salt together in a separate bowl. Pour batter into melted butter and then bake in a preheated oven at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cook for another 5 minutes. Be careful not to grab the handle without using a hot pad!


Yummy!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I've tried in the past to fix this myself, but it doesn't come out as good as yours. Of course, every cook has her or his trade secret. Wish I knew what it was, because yours is definitely the best.

Trent & Carlie & Co. said...

Hi Jaime! I saw your post last night & was craving a late night snack, so I made it for Trent & me. We loved it! Thanks!!