Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Optimism is overrated

You know that earlier blog post about not giving up and being optimistic? Well, forget it!

I'm having a pity party.

Agent response from reading my full manuscript: "You’re a very strong writer and you have quite a commercial concept. That said, I just didn't connect with your manuscript to the extent that I need to in order to offer representation, so I'm going to have to pass. "

I'm going to pout for a few hours. Then I'll pull myself back together. But this pity party would be much more effective if I liked chocolate. Binging on baby carrots and yogurt just doesn't feel the same.

**Note: It's really annoying when you plan on wallowing in self pity and you're just too busy. By the time I have a spare minute I'll probably be getting over it.

2 comments:

Lori-ann said...

:'(. There's your tear for you. Man, you have to have tough skin to do this, don't you. Did that agent give any more feedback besides that they didn't connect? More feedback please!

Jame, I know you can do this. And what about white chocolate? It's good too... ;)

L:)

Grandma Carolyn said...

I know you'll keep on trying - you are a very talented writer.