Thursday, July 23, 2009

What Michael Jackson has to do with being bored

We're almost 2 months through with summer vacation, and, at least in my house, the kids are starting to struggle a little bit with boredom. And since I informed them early on that if they came to me whining about nothing to do that I would find them something to do (and it would be practically guaranteed to involve some sort of scrubbing or weeding), they are doing pretty good at entertaining themselves. Sometimes their ways of entertaining themselves also entertains me.

This is the story of one of those such times.

Once upon a couple weeks ago I was upstairs on the computer plugging away faithfully on the current book that I'm writing. Princess was happily chattering away with her friends down in the kitchen. She had informed me they were going to make a museum and they were all set with stacks of paper and every color of crayon and marker invented.

I finished up the scene I was working on and headed downstairs to see how things were going. Princess & Company proudly told me all about the first museum exhibit.

A Michael Jackson exhibit.

These are the only two pictures I have. The other girls took theirs home before I thought to photograph them. I just about died laughing.

This was the week after Michael Jackson died and everywhere you turned the media was talking about it. Princess knows who he was and one of her favorite songs is "Thriller."

It made me laugh hard. Much more entertaining than the Frozen Bug Exhibit they were working on today. I got quite the surprise when I opened the freezer to get something out.



2 comments:

Lori-ann said...

That is stinkin' cute. I'm starting to implement the weeding or scrubbing rule. Amazing, I didn't get one single "I'm bored" today! I love the bug...

Grandma Carolyn said...

I love the bug! There is nothing better than kids with imagination.