I think every once in a while it would be fun to post a Weird Wednesday. This is when I get to list (Yea! Lists!) things that make you go, "Hmmm."
- The dot over the letter "i" is called a tittle.
- Harry Potter Puppet Pals is one of my kids' all-time favorite Youtube videos. Warning: the song has a tendency to stick in your head all day.
- A rat can last longer without water than a camel.
- Yes, you really should try yoga with your cat. Yogakitty.com can show you how.
- The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from an old English law which stated that you couldn't beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb. **Apparently, this is a myth, but it's still fun.**
- Someone actually took up Jerry Seinfeld on this statement, "Maybe they should have a toilet paper museum. Would you like that? So we can see all the toilet paper advancements down through the ages. Toilet paper in the Crusades. The development of the perforation. The first six-pack." Voila! The Virtual Toilet Paper Museum.
- The housefly hums in the middle octave, key of F.
- Ever wanted to build your own Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie? (And who hasn't?) This site gives instructions, information, and--don't miss it-- testimonials. (I almost fell off my chair at the foil undergarment.)
- Learn Yiddish with Dick and Jane--the best way to learn a language!
- If you toss a penny 10000 times, it will not be heads 5000 times, but more like 4950. The heads picture weighs more, so it ends up on the bottom.
- Oh, the endless fun you're missing out by throwing away your Dryer Lint.
- Dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors.
- If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle; if the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle; if the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes. **Yep, this is a myth, too. But I'm leaving it because I'd like to think that all horse statue makers belong to a secret association that determines things like this.**
- Goethe couldn't stand the sound of barking dogs and could only write if he had an apple rotting in the drawer of his desk.
- I know you've been looking all over for it, so I've linked to The World's Number One Resource for Meat Hats and Meat Hat Culture. (You're welcome.)
- 'Stewardesses' is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand. (You're trying it now, aren't you?)
I hope that leaves you enlightened (or at least entertained). Have a great Wednesday!